IDS mailing list archives

Re: IDS with Case-Based Reasoning

From: Sanjay Rawat <sanjayr () intoto com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:43:24 +0530

Hi Israel:
This is Sanjay. Its nice to hear about your project, based on CBR. i will be happy to participate in discussion on points/problems, which you may face during the project. to my understanding, the main issue in CBR is to represent the known cases (in your case, attacks) in an effective manner. I find good theoretical papers, but less real-life implementations of CBR. Most of the applications are from medical side. There are couple of papers, suggesting the use of CBR in IDS (i dont remember the references at present, probably some googling will do that). which attack repository, are you going to use- DARPA?

best wishes and regards
Sanjay