IDS mailing list archives

RE: A possible HIPS? Was: Looking for HIDS-only products for XP/2000Pro

From: "Bill Stout" <bill.stout () greenborder com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:58:28 -0700

That would be a version of a sandbox which can be implemented; as
applets, jails, virtual machines, or a capability system.

You might also take a look at our demo download.  It's along the same
lines, although it extends protection to the file system, registry,
network, DCOM, and user shell.  To do so you'll need to granularly hook
into system calls at the kernel level, and have logic to determine when
to launch a process in protected space.  Here's a direct link (bypasses
registration steps):
http://www.greenborder.com/downloads/GreenBorder_TestDrive_v101.zip.
Come back and register through the main web page if you're interested in
deploying this in a company environment.

Bill