IDS mailing list archives

Snortcenter, Prelude-IDS

From: Sven Müller <smueller () magellan-net de>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:43:56 +0200

Hello!

I'm planing to set up a new IDS environment. Up to now I always used
Snortcenter (http://users.pandora.be/larc/index.html) which worked quite
well for me. But I think the development of this tool stopped because the last
news entry on the web page is more the 2 years old. Does anyone have
some information about that?

However, I just visited the prelude homepage
(http://www.prelude-ids.org/) and this framework sounds very intersting
for me. Does anyone has some experinces with Prelude?
I like Snort very much and Prelude can be connected with Snort, so I
would have a centralized place for collecting and normalizing events.

Do you have any experiences with Prelude?

Mostly I prefer to use FreeBSD do you have any information about this
combination?

Thanks for you hints!

Regards, Sven

--
MAGELLAN Netzwerke GmbH
Dipl.-Ing. (FH)

Network Security Engineer

Max-Reichpietsch-Straße 2
51147 Köln

Tel. :  +49-2203-92263-0
Fax:    +49-2203-92263-99

E-Mail: smueller () magellan-net de
Web:    http://www.magellan-net.de

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.