IDS mailing list archives

snort-inline capabilities ( WAS: Re: Fortinet IDS )

From: Jason <security () brvenik com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:35:33 -0400

I imagine you could easily handle that stuff. ClamAV allows for custom virus detection so even if there is no detection for the spyware you could create it. Another avenue is using the spyware rules available for snort you could create block variants. I've no experience with the spyware rules so I cannot attest to accuracy but the solution is certainly capable of it.

perhaps the inline folks would care to comment.

David Puckett wrote:

Will this also prevent spyware/malware/crapware?

Thanks,
David