IDS mailing list archives

RE: need your help about IPS and IDS,thanks

From: "Andy Cuff" <lists () securitywizardry com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 06:39:14 -0000

Lily,
The main difference in my opinion is that IPS are inline and can therefore
block more effectively and IDS aren't in line and monitor traffic on a
segment or switch.  Are you wondering about the difference between IPS/IDS
and Attack Mitigation Systems?

   Regards
   -andy cuff
The Talisker Network Security Portal