IDS mailing list archives

Tool announce : LogMonitor 1.0

From: "SecurIT Informatique Inc." <securit () iquebec com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 16:00:40 -0400

Hello List members.

This e-mail is to announce the release of my latest log analysis and monitoring console LogMonitor 1.0. LogMonitor is available both as Open Source and commercial software, and it can be downloaded at http://securit.iquebec.com/ (if the page does not seem to work, try again later, it sometimes experiences small temporary downtime that are out of my control). It is 75% based on LogIDS, excepted for the GUI which is a complete makeover. Instead of focusing on network location, LogMonitor presents the data in a set of floating windows grouped by application, which may be a more intuitive interface to some people. The analysis is performed by defining the fields of each log we are monitoring, and then by using these fields to define rules as to what is important data or not. The ruleset is pretty rich, and allows for a lot of flexibility.

Screenshots at http://iquebec.ifrance.com/securit/future/logmon1.jpg and http://iquebec.ifrance.com/securit/future/logmon2.jpg.

LogIDS screenshots at http://iquebec.ifrance.com/securit/image/figure1.gif and http://iquebec.ifrance.com/securit/image/figure6.gif.

I have also released my latest article "Future Trends in IDS Technologies", that I will present this week at Seguridad en Computo (http://congreso.seguridad.unam.mx/), which is available at http://iquebec.ifrance.com/securit/future/idsfuture1.html. This article presents a global overview of all the tools I have developped over the last year in the field of IDS and log analysis.

Thank you for your attention.

Adam Richard, aka Floydman
SécurIT Informatique Inc.
http://securit.iquebec.com/