IDS mailing list archives

Re: Entercept HIDS Question

From: Johann_van_Duyn () bat com
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:00:13 +0200

... unless you consider what happened to exciting, impressive security
products like the Gauntlet Firewall, CyberCop and PGP after NAI bought
them up and had their way with them. That thought would give me the
heebie-jeebies if my career were to be staked on an installation of
Entercept.

Personally, I'd wait a while and see whether NAI is able to keep the ball
rolling on this one, and not drop it like it did with the aforementioned
products... :-/

Cisco, on the other hand, doesn't have quite the track record that NAI has
when it comes to scr*wing up impressive products.

J o h a n n   v a n   D u y n, CISSP
"You can kill a man but you can't kill what he stands for.
 Not unless you first break his spirit.
 That's a beautiful thing to see."

                                                                 -- Cancer
Man, The X-Files