IDS mailing list archives

RE: IDS Creation

From: "David Markle" <davidmarkle () comcast net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 19:01:18 -0500

My thoughts are you should start by searching for a few different
definitions of what Intrusion Detection is, a few different types available,
and simply how they work.  Starting with a definition might allow you to
begin your efforts of creating a "simple ID System".

Unfortunately, most intrusion detection systems available are going to be
quite complex if there is no underlying understanding of network/application
communication and exploitation.  I think that the basics on how they work
will get you started.

Hope this helps.