IDS mailing list archives

RE: Dragon Vs. Sourcefire NIDS

From: "K G" <kg () hackermail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:43:46 +0800

Hi,

Not really use sourcefire before, but I has been using Dragon
for some times and found that it has the following strength
I would like to comment:

1) Easy customise signatures format.
2) Powerful packet session capture which will enabled you to
see what actually the attacker was doing after he compromised
your network/server.
3) For the configuration wise, I would say it is rather straight
forward. With the appliance based dragon, you do not need to install
and configure anything.

KG