IDS mailing list archives

RE: Niksun

From: "Carey, Steve T GARRISON" <steven-carey () us army mil>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 21:48:41 -0500

Niksun has a bandwidth chart that can show you what your bandwidth is from the link layer or IP layer, or TCP layer or
the UDP layer.  It is good for forensics because it is an oversized sniffer with a fairly decent gui front-end.  So you
can get all traffic, provided it is within your hard drive capabilities (it will overwrite the oldest data).

Steve Carey