IDS mailing list archives

Re: Dragon IDS & Enterasys Equipment

From: Will McCracken <wmccracken () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:15:44 -0400

On 18 Jul 2004 14:36:16 -0000, Jacob Winston <jctx09 () yahoo com> wrote:

My vendor has stated that with the Dragon IDS system it could automatically
disable ports on my E7 & N7 (Switches) Enterasys equipment automatically
to stop a client in its tracks.

This is correct. Dragon's AlarmTool can send alerts to NetSight ASM.
NetSight can then be configured to respond to the alerts in a number
of ways - one of which includes disabling ports on the switches.

AlarmTool can also be configured to interact with Checkpoint and Cisco
with a little bit of work. The interaction with NetSight if very
simple to configure (took me about 20 minutes the first time I tested
it).

-Will

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from CORE
IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708 to learn more.