IDS mailing list archives

RE: IDS VS. IPS: Which is Better???

From: "Benedict Ang" <benedict () Quantiqint com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 12:24:39 +0800

Take a look at nss.co.uk there is a good paper on ids vs ips.

Cheers

-----Original Message-----
From: NAVTEJ KOHLI [mailto:tonavtejkohli () hotmail com]
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 9:41 AM
To: focus-ids () securityfocus com
Subject: IDS VS. IPS: Which is Better???

Hi , I'm new in this group. I got one project to implement IDS on  big
originations. Now I have to gives one presentation on IDS Vs IPS. I
don't
know what is the exactly difference  between IDS and IPS. How IPS is
good
then IDS.

It would be very nice of you if anyone  can give me some technical hints

like
*       How to start with the preparation?
*       Which Books/Question Banks/Related Documents to refer?
*       Any web sites/hyper links which could be helpful?

I would be really thankful if you can take some precious time from your
busy
schedule and help me out as I need it very badly. Hoping for a reply
soon
from your side.

Regards,

NAVTEJ KOHLI