IDS mailing list archives

Re: Target based IDS review and discussion in Information Security

From: Jeff Nathan <jeff () snort org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 21:22:19 -0500

I'd originally thought I shouldn't post this, but at this point there seems no reason not to.

This all began in 2000 when Marty lead the IDS development effort at Hiverworld (which is now defunct). Others involved include Andrew Baker, Anne Tenholder and myself.

After a little digging, I came across the very message I was looking for (I vividly remember it being posted). So, just to hammer the point home, here's the origin of target based IDS:
http://msgs.securepoint.com/cgi-bin/get/ids-0007/43/1.html

It's always fun to go back and look at old messages posted to IDS lists... you can get a sense of where people stood on various issues and how their opinions have changed.

- - -Jeff