IDS mailing list archives

Port Speed setting in Cisco IDS 4235

From: <mavericks2 () bigpond com>
Date: 1 Dec 2004 04:10:34 -0000

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a Cisco IDS Appliance 4235 which typically has 10/100/1000 Mb port  used for monitoring. The
switch to which this port is connected does not support 1000 Mbps, so there is continous flapping on the switch port
where the IDS is connected. Hence i am trying to fix the port speed on the IDS box but unable to do so since there is
no option provided in the confiuration menus of the IDS or VMS.

Could someone please help me out with how to configure the port speed / mode on the sniffing interface of the Cisco IDS
appliance 4235......

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Sunil D.

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from
CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.