IDS mailing list archives

RE: need help

From: "Javier Otero De Alba" <jotero () smartekh com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 12:05:49 -0500

Some in your list are IDS and others IPS, for IDS:

False positives      no real atack but reported
False negatives      real atack but no reported
Throwput             enough capacity for review all messages
Manage               easy, multiple IDS, maintenance, deploy, log

For IPS:
False positives      no real atack but dropped
False negatives      real atack but no reported
Throwput             enough capacity for no lost messages and minimun delay
Recovery             if I lost the IPS ???  no trafic? bypass? HA?
Manage               easy, multiple IDS, maintenance, depoly, log

Ing. Fco. Javier Otero De Alba
Diplomado en Seguridad Informática ITESM CEM
ITStrap
Product Manager
Juniper Secure Access SSL

5243-4782 al 84 Ext.300