IDS mailing list archives

RE: NIPS Vendors explicit answer

From: Melih Kırkgöz (Koç.net) <melihk () koc net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:59:46 +0300

Hello Everyone,

İ am responsible for testing and offering an IPS solution for big networks with high rated throughputs for my
company(an ISP) and our customers.
As i read these mails flowing around,i said "yes this is the right place to share my opinions".
İ would rather ask a question outside the theory about IDS-IPS comparision.Right now i am more interested in product
comparision becaues of my urgent duty

İ had the chance to test Radware Defense Pro only as ab inline - IPS product.
İt seems to be very fast responsive and successfull blocker against DDOS attacks,Synfloods and typical worms and
detecting Protocol Anomalies.
The other vendors waiting for my tests:) are Netscreen IDP,RealSecure ISS Proventia G200 and Network Associates NAI
Intruvert 2600 series.
Does any of you know about these products,especially in a competitive way between them?
İ would appreciate your answers

Regards

Melih Kırkgöz
Network Security Services
Koç.net Haberlesme Teknolojileri ve Iletisim Hizmetleri
Camlica Is Merkezi B3 Blok Uskudar 81190
Istanbul -TURKEY
email: melihk () koc net