IDS mailing list archives

Open source VA-IDS correlation daemon QuIDScor v1.2 released!

From: Laurent Demailly <ldemailly () qualys com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:51:49 -0700

 Hello everybody,

I'm pleased to announce that we made major improvements to
our BSD licensed correlation daemon QuIDScor. The new 1.2
release included a much smarter and faster correlation engine,
now using more information from the Vulnerability Assesment
data source as well as from the IDS (Snort).

Some of the changes include:

- Classification of alerts into three categories: Validated, Unknown,
  and Invalidated
- Correlate using information about services and applications
- User-defined mapping file for ID, service and application mappings.
- Performance enhancements, including:
  - Offline processing of Snort-fastlogs
  - Reprocessing of QuIDScor-logs
  - Separate processes for correlation and communication to VA

All the details, download link, etc... are on :
http://quidscor.sourceforge.net/

Enjoy
Laurent

(As I don't want this to be seen as an infomercial, I don't
mention with which VA system QuIDScor works with but I let
you guess from my email :-) It could be extended to work with
more IDSs (it has a plugable architecture to support already
several IDS alert sources (live snort sockets, log files, ...)
and possibly more VA systems)

Captus Networks IPS 4000
Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping Technology to: - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
- Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
- Precisely Define and Implement Network Security & Performance Policies
FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit - WhitePapers - Live Demo http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CaptusNetworks_focus-ids_000101