IDS mailing list archives

Re: Linux based HIDS

From: Daniel Cid <danielcid () yahoo com br>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 00:03:56 -0300 (ART)

To analyse the logs (in real-time, with email
notification, customized rules, log in html, etc), you
can use the os-hids :)

http://www.ossec.net/oshids/

[]`s

Daniel B. Cid

--- Milind Nanal <milindyn () rolta com> escreveu: >
Hi,

I am looking for good , free , open source HIDS for
Linux server. The tool
which detects :-

Attacks on Red Hat Linux OS.
Analysis system log
Carry our file level audit (like tripwire)

all in one product.

Quick response is highly appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Milind

Captus Networks IPS 4000
Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping Technology
to:
 - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port
Scans
 - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
 - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security &
Performance Policies
FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit - WhitePapers
- Live Demo

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CaptusNetworks_focus-ids_000101

Yahoo! Mail - o melhor webmail do Brasil
http://mail.yahoo.com.br

Network with over 10,000 of the brightest minds in information security
at the largest, most highly-anticipated industry event of the year.
Don't miss RSA Conference 2004! Choose from over 200 class sessions and
see demos from more than 250 industry vendors. If your job touches
security, you need to be here. Learn more or register at
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/RSA_focus-ids_031023
and use priority code SF4.