IDS mailing list archives

RE: Passive OS Fingerprinting was Cisco CTR etc

From: "Teicher, Mark (Mark)" <teicher () avaya com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 06:13:38 -0700

Not quite sure if they are ahead of the curve or just taking advertising
a feature many people didn't realize was a possibility of the various
Enterprise Management Systems available.  Cabletron Spectrum had a
network mapping feature based on ttl's a long time ago.  Very few people
even deployed Cabletron Spectrum.  The other was ANMS (Automatic Network
Monitoring System) a bash, perl, ksh scripting network architecture that
is still or was used by many large telecommunications carriers.

A most recent attempt at network mapping was the 3-d mapping option in
Cybercop 5.0

Although not as nifty as the comet tail network mapping RNA offers.  :)

I will be in the southeast quadrant of the country that week.

/m