IDS mailing list archives

RE: NeVO Scan Application was RE: Cisco CTR

From: Ron Gula <rgula () tenablesecurity com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:08:46 -0500

Yes!

Those were the "real complex things" I was talking about in my
previous email. Of course detecting passive sniffing devices
is mere child's play for subscribers to this list ;)

If you have a NIDS or sniffer deployed on a tap or off of a span
port and it does nothing like DNS lookups, it's difficult to
find.

My point that I thought we beat to death was that tools like
NeVO and RNA don't send packets.

Ron
Tenable Network Security