IDS mailing list archives

Re: IDS thoughts

From: "Roger A. Grimes" <rogerg () cox net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 14:51:38 -0400

Mike, enjoyed the thoughts below.  It's also interesting to note, that Dr.
Denning, who most consider the mother of Anomaly Detection (because of her
1985 paper on it) even concluded in her landmark paper that she didn't
believe AD alone to be a viable, stand-alone ID model.  Even back then she
saw it as an adjunct model...which supports the whole hybrid,
use-both-where-they-fit-best solutions.

Roger

****
*Roger A. Grimes, Computer Security Consultant
*CPA, MCSE (NT/2000), CNE (3/4), A+
*email: rogerg () cox net
*cell: 757-615-3355
*Author of Malicious Mobile Code:  Virus Protection for Windows by O'Reilly
*http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/malmobcode
*****