IDS mailing list archives

New SecurityFocus Focus-IDS Article

From: "Jason V. Miller" <jmiller () securityfocus com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:35:52 -0700

The following article is now available at www.securityfocus.com, and may be of
interest to the group. It will be interesting to see how honeypot-related
technologies begin to tie in with IDS-related technologies over the next couple
of years.

Open Source Honeypots, Part Two: Deploying Honeyd in the Wild
By Lance Spitzner

This is the second part of a three-part series looking at Honeyd, the open
source honeypot. In this paper we we will deploy Honeyd on the Internet
for one week and watch what happens. The intent is to test Honeyd by
letting real bad guys interact with and attack it. We will then analyze
how the honeypot performed and what it discovered.

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1675

Regards,

--
Jason V. Miller, Threat Analyst
Symantec, Inc. - www.symantec.com

ALERT: Exploiting Web Applications- A Step-by-Step Attack Analysis
Learn why 70% of today's successful hacks involve Web Application
attacks such as: SQL Injection, XSS, Cookie Manipulation and Parameter
Manipulation.
http://www.spidynamics.com/mktg/webappsecurity71