IDS mailing list archives

RE: Detecting Connections in Snort

From: "Faiz Ahmad Shuja" <faizshuja () yahoo it>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 20:34:39 +0500

Snort's portscan processor works on TCP connection attempts to more than
P ports in T seconds or UDP packets sent to more than P ports in T
seconds. It doesn't work for number of C connections  to P destination
port in T seconds.

currently the format is:

path>

it should be something like:

<detection period> <file path>

Though, this preprocessor has capability that alerts would only show
once per scan, rather than once for each packet. So it can be modified
for specific number of connection threshold for single alert.

Is this possible?

Regards,
Faiz