IDS mailing list archives

RE: IDS and NMS

From: Terence Runge <Terence.Runge () veritas com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:32:10 -0700

Interesting questions that could be answered by integrating the event
aggregator with the NMS. A flexible event aggregator in a distributed
envirnonment would allow for data feeds from many devices using multiple
protocols, such as post office, xml over tcp, snmp, syslog, etc. In doing
so, the analyst is provided the ability to complete four very important
tasks; monitor, alert, report, and investigate.

|NMS| - |Event Aggregator| - |Firewall |
  |                          |  ACS    |
  -------------              |Integrity|
 |System Checks|             |   etc.  |

Something to consider in contrast to the one-off approach.

Terence