IDS mailing list archives

Rather funny; looks like page defacement to me

From: Anton Chuvakin <anton () chuvakin org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:29:51 -0400 (EDT)

All,

This link posted on the snort site. I figured I'd send it to the list,
since its a fascinating read.

http://www.gartner.com/5_about/press_releases/pr11june2003c.jsp

My first impression was that it is a page defacement, so outrageous some
claims are. For instance, did you know that IDS actually _cause_ incident
response to happen? :-) Or this gem : "Money Slated for Intrusion
Detection Should Be Invested in Firewalls"?

Best,
--
  Anton A. Chuvakin, Ph.D., GCI*
     http://www.chuvakin.org

INTRUSION PREVENTION: READY FOR PRIME TIME?

IntruShield now offers unprecedented Intrusion IntelligenceTM capabilities
- including intrusion identification, relevancy, direction, impact and analysis
- enabling a path to prevention.

Download the latest white paper "Intrusion Prevention: Myths, Challenges, and Requirements" at:
http://www.securityfocus.com/IntruVert-focus-ids2