IDS mailing list archives

Re: Nagios

From: Dan Clemens <DClemens () revtech net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 09:04:10 -0500

On Thursday, June 5, 2003, at 04:16  PM, Jennifer Fountain wrote:

Does anyone have an opinion on Nagios?\

Nagios is not a security product , it is a tool used to monitor the availability of hosts and the services that run on those hosts. I have used it in a large network and it worked fine and had a few features that some of the extremely over priced commercial products did not.

-Thanks,

  They say it can use snort and it
has it's own IDS functions to detect certain traffic. I am wondering if
this is a good product or just hype.
Thanks!

-- Daniel Uriah Clemens
-- "Try not to become a person of success, but rather a person of value." -Einstein -- -- Key fingerprint = BD9F ED8C 9866 6BEE 9DAA FB95 3E32 F03B DDC5 0DA3 -- -- (c) 205.567.6850 (o) 205.443.7300
INTRUSION PREVENTION: READY FOR PRIME TIME?

IntruShield now offers unprecedented Intrusion IntelligenceTM capabilities - including intrusion identification, relevancy, direction, impact and analysis - enabling a path to prevention.

Download the latest white paper "Intrusion Prevention: Myths, Challenges, and Requirements" at: http://www.securityfocus.com/IntruVert-focus-ids2