IDS mailing list archives

Looking for VDS beta testers

From: "David J. Meltzer" <djm () intrusec com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 10:56:52 -0400

Hi,

I'm looking for a larger segment of beta testers for my newest security
software, Exposé (it is a network change detection system that works in
conjunction with network vulnerability scanners to let you build
continuously monitoring vulnerability detection systems).

It has been in private beta testing for a few months now and while there
are still some bugs to be worked out I could certainly use a wider
cross-section of people using it to uncover bugs, problems,
incompatibilities, give me feedback for improvement, etc...

If you are interested, go to http://www.intrusec.com/beta and download a
copy.

This is free software right now, at some point we will make available
both a  free release version good for monitoring a small set of devices,
and a commercial version for larger networks.

We also plan on releasing a sizeable portion of the source tree for this
product in an open source library within the next few months (again once
we've worked out the major bugs in it) that provides the foundation for
others to build security tools and products with .NET (this is probably
the largest security product written with .NET to date - anyone
interested pre-release in working on or with these libs feel free to
shoot me an e-mail).

You can find more about the software does on the web pages.

-Dave

David J. Meltzer
djm () intrusec com
CTO, Intrusec, Inc.

INTRUSION PREVENTION: READY FOR PRIME TIME?

IntruShield now offers unprecedented Intrusion IntelligenceTM capabilities
- including intrusion identification, relevancy, direction, impact and analysis
- enabling a path to prevention.

Download the latest white paper "Intrusion Prevention: Myths, Challenges, and Requirements" at:
http://www.securityfocus.com/IntruVert-focus-ids2