IDS mailing list archives

IDS Common Criteria

From: "Talisker" <talisker () networkintrusion co uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 18:13:58 -0000

Hi all

Sorry about cross posting this on the SF and Australian IDS list

I received a marketing post this morning from Intrusion Inc saying that
their SecureNetPro is the only IDS to have passed Common Criteria
Certification, I was under the impression that another IDS vendor (ISS) had
already achieved similar.  Is there a RealSecure fan out there that could
confirm this ?

Outside Government and Military circles where I can see Common Criteria
Certification being extremely useful,  how valuable is it, ie within the
financial sector etc ?  More importantly what are it's failings?

take care
-andy
Taliskers Network Security Tools
http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk