IDS mailing list archives

Re: Host Based IDS Recommendations?

From: Olaf Kilian <olafk () lddd org>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 03:50:17 +0100

lks7403@hotmail wrote:

How about Symantec Host IDS? It's good compatible with another
system applications. It's monitor several system log files, so
has few unexpected error.
http://enterprisesecurity.symantec.com/products/products.cfm?ProductIDH&EID=0
 [...]

Let me remind you that there are (depending on what your needs are)
several Open Sauce IDS systems exist. Like Prelude[1] for example,
which is a hybrid IDS combining Host as well as Network based
sensors in a distributed environment. Another one was Demarc[2]
which also is or was available as an appliance (but I didn't kept
track of it and don't know what it's status is).

[1] http://www.prelude-ids.org/
[2] http://www.linuxarchives.com/security.html

Have a nice shift or what ever,

Olaf
--
[x] un compañero de la legión de la discordia dinámica [x]
pgpkey 0x38A5DE55 @ http://olafk.lddd.org/olafk_pgpkey.asc