IDS mailing list archives

Re: IDS is dead, etc--Only if you limit your Horizons

From: <alaric () alaricsecurity com>
Date: 8 Aug 2003 08:42:15 -0000

Hi,

I am the colleague mentioned in MR. Munn's post. I have been coding AIRIDS
and I just wanted to say a few more things about what we have been doing.

AIRIDS attempts to remedy the problem of erroneous alerts through the use
of strong network intelligence. AIRIDS has what is called "Inventory
Modules" that use freely available security tools to map out a given
network and use that gained knowledge to filter out any attacks that do
not represent a threat.

The modules consist of a regular module that actively interrogates a
network while a passive module sits on the wire and observes traffic and
gets it's intelligence through that act. This is useful for
devices/servers/whatever that you have connected to your network that have
a weak stack.

Later,
B. Thomason

Captus Networks - Integrated Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping
 - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
 - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
 - Ensure Reliable Performance of Mission Critical Applications
Precisely Define and Implement Network Security and Performance Policies
**FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit - WhitePapers - Live Demo
Visit us at: http://www.captusnetworks.com/ads/31.htm