IDS mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.0 Released!

From: Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:32:07 -0400

On 4/14/03 11:58 AM, "Martin Roesch" <roesch () sourcefire com> wrote:

Snort 2.0 has been released and is available at http://www.snort.org.
Snort 2.0 is the result of many months of effort on the part of dozens
of people and has a slew of new features:

[...snip...]

INTRUSION PREVENTION: READY FOR PRIME TIME?

IntruShield now offers unprecedented Intrusion IntelligenceTM capabilities -
including intrusion identification, relevancy, direction, impact and analysis
- enabling a path to prevention.

Download the latest white paper "Intrusion Prevention: Myths, Challenges, and
Requirements" at: http://www.securityfocus.com/IntruVert-focus-ids

I'd like to note that the advertisement added by SecurityFocus to my Snort
2.0 release announcement should in no way be seen as an endorsement of
Intruvert's products or philosophy by me.  They probably wouldn't like my
answer their lead-in question.... :)

    -Marty

--
Martin Roesch - Founder/CTO Sourcefire Inc. - (410) 290-1616
roesch () sourcefire com - http://www.sourcefire.com