IDS mailing list archives

Re: IDS Report(RAID conference)

From: Yune Sung ¼ºÀ±±â <yune () kisa or kr>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:18:14 +0900

I guess the one of the most advanced papers in IDS field are here in RAID
conference.
It still deals with topics valuable to make research in IDS. You can come up
with there some great ideas you are searching for for dissertation, or you
may criticize the establised theories.

Please go to

http://www.raid-symposium.org/

Cheers !!

Yune Sung.

Jill Tovey wrote:

Hi all,

Having just returned to my third year of a computing degree, I am about
to embark upon the rather complicated task of writing a dissertation on
intrusion detection ! :-/

This includes a 10,000 word report and of course, writing my own IDS.

Having spent the last few weeks scouring through the articles on the
internet and buying books from amazon, I feel I still need much more
information !

So....
If anyone can point me in the right direction of any sites / articles /
books / journals / anything they think I should take a look at that
would be of help to me, or just write here some general advice, it would
be very much appreciated.

(I am kind of new to both programming (java) and security (much
newbiness) so everything from basic, to, er hard stuff ?!)

Kind Regards,

Jilly

--

Yune Gie Sung, CISSP
IDS Evaluation,

http://www.kisa.or.kr
Shield your assets from shielded threats.