IDS mailing list archives

Re: Where is Ron Gula? (was "Changes in IDS Companies?")

From: "Ron Gula" <ronald.gula () verizon net>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 21:49:50 -0500

Hi Kevin (and Focus-IDS),

I left Enterasys back in September and founded a new company
named Tenable Network Security.

As for what it means for Dragon, I don't have a crystal ball, but
I still get a lot of people (VARs mostly) who want to re-sell Dragon
or implement it at a customer's request. I also have a lot of
confidence in the team working on Dragon now. And, without
going into exactly what we are working on at Tenable, we are
planning to work with Dragon (among other NIDS) due mostly
to customer feedback.

Ron Gula

Samuel Cure wrote:

Just noticing some changes with some known IDS companies and wanted some

feedback from the community. Because Marcus Ranum left NFR earlier this

year and Ron Gula has left Enterasys Networks, I am questioning the future

of some early-on IDS companies.

Maybe I missed the formal announcement, but...

Can anyone confirm / deny that Ron Gula has in fact left Enterasys?

I have to ask, following rumors & denials earlier in the year about this

on the Dragon IDS mail list, dated from late June:

Now that Ron Gula has left Enterasys, what does the future hold for

Dragon?  Does anyone have a concern about that?

Response from Randy Taylor, Enterasys Networks:

I would if Ron had actually left Enterasys. Fact is he hasn't.

There hasn't been any mention of him on the Dragon list (or post from him)

in many months...

SO, where in the world is Ron Gula?? And, what does it mean for Dragon if

he is gone?

Curious,

Kevin Jones

.