IDS mailing list archives

RE: IDS for DataBase Systems.

From: "Kohlenberg, Toby" <toby.kohlenberg () intel com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:31:37 -0800

You'll likely here this from lots of people but that's a vulnerability
scanner, not an IDS. There are products that claim to do some sort of
firewalling or application-level monitoring for databases but I don't
know of any that actually offer IDS capabilities. Some of the
application-level firewalls for web servers actually do block various
database insertion attacks and such.

Please post anything you find to the list.

Thanks,
toby