IDS mailing list archives

Re: which IDS

From: Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:58:31 -0500

Prelude: http://www.prelude-ids.org
Firestorm: http://www.scaramanga.co.uk/firestorm/
Hank: http://hank.sourceforge.net
BENIDS: http://www.marlboro.edu/~ttoomey/benids/
Tamandua: http://tamandua.axur.org/

These are the ones that I'm aware of these days besides Snort, there may be one or two I'm forgetting...

     -Marty

On Tuesday, November 12, 2002, at 03:02 AM, Jill Tovey wrote:

hi i am looking to test three different NID systems,

I have at home, one win2k copmuter, one SuSE linux computer, both
connected with a DG814 router,

i will probably get snort but i need two more free ones, that i can test
on these computers, i am a bit worried that i will maybe need an extra
computer to put in the DMZ to run some, i ideally would just like two that
i can run from my normal setup here

it would be great if anyone can reccommend any ?

Thanks,

Jill

--
Sourcefire: Snort-based Enterprise Intrusion Detection Infrastructure
roesch () sourcefire com - http://www.sourcefire.com