IDS mailing list archives

RE: radware IDS load balancer

From: SEdwards () toplayer com
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 05:49:33 -0500

Hi Stone,

I know you said Radware - but what the hell, TopLayer has just
launched/about to launch  it's 4500 IDS Balancer platform <we have 1st first
customer ships for about 3 weeks, but think official launch is in January>,
which has up to 8GB ports (4 x GB SX + 4 x configurable GBIC ports) and 8 x
100MB ports. In practicality it will do about 3-4GB in (and out) - and is
designed to sit out of band, taking connections from SPAN ports, taps etc.

The IDS Balancer has been available has a 100- 1GB solution for a while, but
this new high speed platform should set new standards for a  3GB+ out of
band IDS solution

I have just checked our site, and doesn't look whether we have posted the
official info yet - so if you want some more info let me know - but lets
call this an early Xmas present ;-)

Simon