IDS mailing list archives

Re: IDS on VPN-GW

From: "Mike Lyman" <mlyman87-security () attbi com>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 21:07:46 -0800

On 11/29/2002 at 10:19 AM counter.spy () gmx de wrote:
Has anybody deployed such a configuration on a productive server?

I would like to know if such a configuration could be handled in real-life.

Any experiences, suggestions, ideas...?

We have experimented with ISS RealSecure 6.5 on a production Windows 2000 VPN server and got decent results without the
VPN service managers complaining about the impact. We did not do extensive testing since we were already converting to
.Net Server in most of our offices and Real Secure would not run on that OS. (Have not tried Real Secure on .Net Server
in over 6 months so I don't know its current status on the OS.)

Mike Lyman
CISSP
mlyman () west-point org
pgp keyid 0xD7BBADAD