Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Query: Role of Firewalls within a SAN environment itself not just the periphery

From: Scott Stursa <scott.stursa () imsrecovery com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 14:18:47 -0700

Hello Brian -

I would think firewalls within the SAN - positioned between the SAN array and the servers accessing the array - could
be a performance bottleneck.

Have you considered making your SAN network out-of-band? That's what I did with ours.

Scott L. Stursa    CISSP, CCNP, MCSA
Network and Security Coordinator
Information Management Solutions
scott.stursa () imsrecovery com