Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Cisco AnyConnect Remote Access to L2L tunnels

From: Eric Gearhart <eric () nixwizard net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 23:56:27 -0700

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Todd Simons<tsimons () delphi-tech com> wrote:
Hello All

We are using the Cisco AnyConnect Client for our remote user’s access, with
a global tunnel.   Internally we have a few corporate locations that are
linked by L2L tunnels (lets call it Site A, Site B and Site C).   The Remote
Access clients who connect to Site A can’t seem to use the L2L to Site B and
Site C.

Has anyone seen a document explaining how to do this?

Todd Simons

Lead IT Engineer

So basically, you either have to drop the VPN clients that connect
into a subnet that is already able to get across the tunnel, or add a
new subnet and setup the "interesting traffic" ACL to have your new
subnet in it on both sides of the tunnel.

Also if you add a new subnet, you'd have to add that new tunnel to
your split tunnel list, if you're doing that.

Please feel free to ask if you have questions about all this.... I'm
doing what you describe right now on my ASA at work, and it works like
a champ... at least that lets you know it is entirely possible

--
Eric
http://nixwizard.net