Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Blackberry MDS Connection Bypassing firewall

From: Chris Myers <clmmacunix () charter net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:17:26 -0600

The dmz was going to be my next suggestion : )

Chris

On Jan 19, 2008, at 7:28 AM, Miedaner wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

We will be doing the client side lockdown with policies. Although for obvious reasons we really wanted to use a server side solution, and were hoping that the BES MDS Connectrion service supported fine grained ACL filtering. As far as we can tell it is all or none on the TCP ACL for the MDS connecrion service.

The idea of Blackberries bypassing the firewall and VPN's also makes us want to move the server into an isolated DMZ so that consistent logging can be mainteained..

Thanks again.