Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Multiple Outside IPs on Cisco PIX 6.3.3

From: Chris Myers <clmmacunix () charter net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 18:18:40 -0600

Josiah,

What is the subnet mask on your outside IP address on the interface? Are they part of the IP scheme for the outside interface of your modem? If the subnet mask includes your range of addresses then you can just create the statics and ACL's and the firewall will do its job. I am assuming the subnet mask is a /28 or 255.255.255.240, since you said you had 13 addresses. If it is not part of the subnet on the outside interface of your modem and you are getting a single host via DHCP, then you can still make this happen as the PIX uses what is called floating statics, but you will have to have your ISP put routes in pointing your new IP's to your modem. The firewall will take care of the rest with your statics and ACL's.

Thank You,

Chris Myers
clmmacunix () charter net

John 1:17
For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.

   Go Vols!!!!