Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: checkpoint authentication on external interface

From: ml10110 () adreyer com
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 22:51:28 +0100

Francois Yang wrote:
> I hope the list can help me out or point me in the correct direction.
>
> In Checkpoint R65 splat when you turn ON Manual authentication, it
> turns ON port 259 and 900 on both internal and external interfaces.
> I was wondering if there's a way to turn it OFF on one interface and
> still keep it on the other.
> An example would be if you have an edge firewall and you don't want it
> to be visible from the outside but still need it for other functions.
> I tried to create a rule that would block anything from the outside to
> the firewall on those ports and that did nothing.
> Looking in tracker also showed nothing.
> I can connect to the login page but I can't see any logs.
> looking through the implied rules also showed nothing.
> So does anyone have any suggestions that would not kill my support contract? :)

Check the content of $FWDIR/conf/fwauthd.conf and verify your settings against the Check Point knowledgebase. You can also ask the Check Point forum/community or in the CPUG for further clues..
If you have a support contract why don't you just ask your support company?

Achim

--
Achim Dreyer                ||
Network Security Consultant || RHCE, RHCA, CCNA, CCSA, CCSE, CCSE+, CSCE