Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Is a full collapse possible? (was: Who stay focused?)

From: Jean-Denis Gorin <jdgorin () computer org>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:23:50 +0200

Chris Blask, April 14 2009 11:15 PM

Oh, I may be proven wrong in the end, but I don't see the IT
world collapsing, ever.  That may depend on the definition of
"collapsing", I suppose - lots of regrettable/foolish/
avoidable/nasty things happening at any given moment are
always within the realm of possibility - but The Whole Thing
Coming Down for any appreciable period of time is not
something I expect to live to see.

Not the IT world, but the Internet world could.

IMHO, it's a matter of ROI: if the "bad guys" think that it's
worth to take down a part of the Internet, they will do it!

We all know that it is possible and we don't need more than
one day or two to think of some doable ways to achieve that
goal...

JDG

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't
go away." Philipp K. Dick"