Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Auditing a firewall rulebase

From: "kevin horvath" <kevin.horvath () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 14:43:14 -0400

If its an external firewall then you can check to make sure that bogon
lists are being filtered.  In addition check to make sure that
internal ip space is being denied as the source coming from anywhere
else.  Make sure denied rule hits are being logged.  Also check for
ports and protocols that should be denied such as telnet, 1433,
finger, etc inbound.

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 11:19 AM, arvind doraiswamy