Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: [Administrivia] Subscription/Unsubscription/Changes

From: jseymour () linxnet com (Jim Seymour)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 08:39:02 -0400 (EDT)

"Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr () ranum com> wrote:

[snip]

Perhaps it's time to bring back the "unsubscribe me" mailing list. :)

Ohhh... you're evil.  I like it :)

                                                     Of course,
none of the peope on the unsubscribe mailing list ever read the
directions (which is how they got there in the first place...) ...
[snip]
Nowadays, of course, such a list would not be any fun because
its members would simply stay subscribed forever and let their
spam filters mask out the 10,000 "HEY! GET ME OFF THIS LIST!"
messages...

Given that using a mail client's spam filter requires the user have at
least two functioning neurons to rub together, aren't those two points
rather contradictory? ;)

Jim
--
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is
web form at <http://jimsun.linxnet.com/contact/scform.php>.