Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: NAT a range of TCP ports to an internal IP address onpix 506E

From: "Fetch, Brandon" <bfetch () tpg com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:41:05 -0500

More specifically - you're inbound NAT already encompasses port 80; the
new one is a one-for-one NAT instead of more-specific ports.

The added static must be:

static (inside,outside) tcp x.x.x.x VoIP-port1 192.168.1.6 VoIP-port1
netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0
static (inside,outside) tcp x.x.x.x VoIP-port2 192.168.1.6 VoIP-port2
netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0
static (inside,outside) tcp x.x.x.x VoIP-port3 192.168.1.6 VoIP-port3
netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

You can cheat/easily manage this better by creating an object-group; you
can create one for protocols, networks, or services (IP ports).

If you create an "object-group service" and specify your VoIP ports (TCP
or UDP), your static could be one line instead of 62:

static (inside,outside) tcp x.x.x.x object-group VoIP-Group 192.168.1.6
VoIP-Group netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

This makes management easier since you don't have to input 62 lines of
static configurations with the equivalent inbound ACL changes as well
(you can use object-groups as part of any configuration task).

HTH,
Brandon