Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Isolating internal servers behind firewalls

From: Marcin Antkiewicz <firewallwizards () kajtek org>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 23:33:53 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

How prevalent is it to segregate internal use servers away from internal
clients behind firewalls? What benefits might we gain from the practice?
What threats are we protected from?

I asked google for more information - you asked this question before, but
what came back could not be used verbatim in a meeting with the sysadmin
group. I could add more vague suggestions, but it will not help.

You need to pay someone to look at your environment (employee or
contractor; competent; I am not interested), and produce a set of
policies and technical measures to implement them.

That will not happen without director or c-level buy-in, and support on
that level is a prerequisite for success (ensures that you will not get
fired for obstructing projects and being annoying).

--
Marcin Antkiewicz