Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

weird ping problem between Watchguard SOHO 6 and CheckPoint safe@Office IPsec tunnel

From: "Rogelio Bastardo" <scubacuda () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 15:53:43 -0700

I have an incredibly weird firewall issue.

I have two branch offices that had a Watchguard-Watchguard (both SOHO
6) IPsec tunnel.  One of the Watchguards died, so I put in a
CheckPoint Safe@Office firewall in its place.

Traffic between both offices flow fine now, except for one small
problem.  The Microsoft Small Business Server (192.168.10.254) from
one office cannt ping the other one (192.168.20.254).  Both of these
NICs are pingable within their subnet, but for whatever reason, they
are not pingable from the *other* subnet.  But, interestingly, from,
say, the 10 subnet, I can ping 192.168.20.253 (just one IP down), and
vise versa.

Anyone have any idea why this might be the case?