Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Opinions wanted...

From: Cat Okita <cat () reptiles org>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 12:48:23 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007, Chris Blask wrote:
o  If you want something reliable and hard to screw up I'd
recommend PIX (call it ASA if you like), functionally much
like WG and with all the advantages of being supported by
The Borg. Your employers are much more likely to find a
replacement for you who knows Cisco inside out than someone
who knows Sidewinder, and marginally more so than CP
(whether you find that to be good or bad is your call...).

Given the sheer number of posts with PIX problems to firewall-wizards,
I'd have to say that "hard to screw up" wouldn't be my first choice of
ways to describe PIXen.

cheers!