Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Firewalls that generate new packets..

From: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr () ranum com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 09:34:28 -0500

Dave Piscitello wrote:
What IOS, PIX, etc. have in common is The Brand.

One of my favorite IT riddles is: "Name a security product that Cisco has developed."

OK, OK... just joking. Actually, aside from the IOS router, I keep trying to think
if there is ANY product Cisco has developed...  Not that I am saying growth by
acquisition is bad. Cisco buys the best (or at least in the top 5, usually) that is
available. But it is amazing how Network Guys go from "You are not sticking
a PC as a single point of failure in my network!" to seeing the Cisco logo and
deciding it's OK.

mjr.